2017-2018 Soror of the Year
Soror Caryn Lewis-Bugg has been heavily involved in this Orange County Alumnae Chapter and is certainly a high contributor where she works tirelessly and is full of energy. She's devoted to OCAC-CA and most importantly she loves Delta! Soror Caryn Lewis-Bugg is OCAC-CA Ways and Means, Chair
It gives us great pleasure to announce to the world, our 2017-2018 Soror of the Year, Caryn Lewis-Bugg!!
Each year the Orange County (CA) Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. recognizes an outstanding soror to receive its most prestigious award, “Soror of the Year.” The Soror of the Year is a soror recognized for contributing effort, time, and energy to chapter projects, displaying leadership through committee work and/or an officer position, attending meetings regularly, and embodying enthusiasm and possessing the true Delta spirit in recognition that membership in Delta Sigma Theta is a lifetime commitment. Nominations are made at the May Chapter meeting each year.
The criteria for Soror of the Year are as follows:
♦ Contributes hours, time, and energy to chapter projects
♦ Displays leadership through committee work and/or officer position
♦ Attends meetings regularly
♦ Exhibits the nine cardinal virtues of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
♦ Embodies enthusiasm and possesses the true Delta spirit that Delta Sigma Theta is a lifetime commitment.
♦ Chapter member for the current sorority year.
The Soror of the Year is nominated for this award and voted upon by financial sorors by secret ballot. Nominations are submitted in May, voted upon in June. The announcement of Soror of the Year is made and the plaque presented at the September chapter meeting.
Past Soror of Year Recipients:
- 2015-2016 - Ginger Logan-Cannon
- 2014-2015 - Barbara Bagneris
- 2013-2014 - Alesia Boatright-Jackson
- 2012-2013 - Jerilyn King-Brown
- 2011-2012 - Inger Kent
- 2010-2011 - Valerie Green-Amos, M.D.
- 2009-2010 - Geralund Morgan Smith
- 2008-2009 - Katrice Yokley
- 2007-2008 - Tonya Whiteside
- 2006-2007 - Pam Middleton, M.D.
- 2005-2006 - Linda Hammond, Ph.D.
- 2004-2005 - Adrienne Matthews, Pharm.D. & Jacqueline Thompson
- 2003-2004 - Sharon Middleton
- 2002-2003 - DeVera Flanigan Heard, Ed.D.
- 2001-2002 - Sylvia Turner & Terry Brown, Esq.
- 2000-2001 - Geralund Morgan Smith
- 1999-2000 - Marian P. Young
- 1998-1999 - Twyla Jenee Channel
- 1997-1998 - Iva Jewel Roberts
- 1996-1997 - Mattie Jordan Gaye
- 1995-1996 - Jennifer Hamilton, Jerilyn King-Brown, & Ruby Newman
- 1994-1995 - Joan Robinson Berry
- 1993-1994 - Terri Hill
- 1992-1993 - Martha Brantley Jackson
- 1991-1992 - Nancy Smith Justiss
- 1990-1991 - Helen Forbes
- 1989-1990 - Millicent Crenshaw
- 1988-1989 - Shirley Richards Berry
- 1987-1988 - Jennie Spencer Green, Ph.D.
- 1986-1987 - Glenda Massingale Manson
- 1985-1986 - Margaret Bell Davis, Ed.D.
- 1984-1985 - Jacqueline Thompson
- 1983-1984 - Mildred Logan Watson, Ph.D.
- 1982-1983 - Ruth Cann Hicks
- 1981-1982 - Janice Williams Macon
- 1980-1981 - Mabel Jones